Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Do You Remember Love?

3ivs
This is one outstanding Alto-hime in any way you can see...er..her! 

If I were to pick my most favourite song out of the Macross Frontier...Do You Remember Love(Ai Oboetemasu ka) definitely takes the cake.

So being bored(I'm trying to forget the fact that my exams are starting next week *whistles*) I thought if I could put my understanding skills to the limit : translate the song.

Mind you, my Japanese understanding standard aren't really that outstanding, but just wanna know where I stand. hur hur. XD

it may not be 100% correct, but heck, no one would pretty much bothers about that XD

Kanji

今 あなたの声が聴こえる
「ここにおいで」と
淋しさに 負けそうな わたしに
今 あなたの姿が見える
歩いてくる
目を閉じて 待っている わたしに
昨日まで 涙でくもってた
心は今…
おぼえていますか 目と目が会った時を
おぼえていますか 手と手が触れあった時
それは初めての 愛の旅立ちでした
I love you, so
もう ひとりぼっちじゃない
あなたがいるから…

Romanji

Ima anata no koe ga kikoeru
"koko ni oide" to
samishisa ni makesouna watashi ni

ima anata no sugata ga mieru
aruitekuru
me o tojite matteiru watashi ni
kinou made namida de motteta
kokoro wa ima...
oboeitemasuka me to me ga aitte toki o
oboeitemasuka te to te ga fureatta toki
sore wa hajimeteno ai no tabitachi deshita
I love you so..
Mou hikari bochhi jya nai
anata ga iru kara...

English
Now, I can hear your voice,
saying "Come here"
As I have been defeated by loneliness

Now, I can see you
walking towards me...
With my eyes closed, and waiting
Till yesterday I held onto my tears
Now, my heart is...
Do you remember? The time when our eyes meet
Do you remember? The time when our hands touch
That was the first time I set out my love journey
I love you so..
I'm no longer lonely
For you are right here

Chinese(LOL!)

如今,我听到你对已被寂寞打败的我说:
“过来这里。”

如今,我看见你
走过眼睛正闭着,在等待的我
昨天为止是抱着眼泪的
现在我的心是...

你还记得吗? 当我们的眼对到对方时
你还记得吗? 当我们的手触碰到对方时
那是我第一次展开我的爱之旅
I love you so..
我再也不孤单
因为有你在身旁。

yes yes, I do know there's a major difference between the Chinese and English translation. My Chinese really sucks now and I do know the exact idiom to portray what I'm doing : 搬门弄斧 (hope I get it correct XDD)

so fun~ but then again, I do really think I should start revising my Kanji now since there's finally jap lessons starting next semester*dances around the room* There's just way too much questions I wish to bomb the teacher on japanese classes. LOL. I'm such a pesky student. D:

okay, for now(hopefully), time to move my ass to do some serious mugging.

No comments: